Sunday, July 5, 2009

Méfiance [mefjɑ̃s]


Often, I am skeptical of those emails that tell me I've won a lot of money and my personal info is necessary.

Often, I do not trust that man that pulls up in the big, windowless van and offers me candy and a ride home.

Often, I cannot believe that the knives advertised on televison will stay sharp for the rest of eternity.









And sometimes, I think that my distrust in such cases may be a good thing.

























But sometimes, distrust comes easier than trust does.
Sometimes, we dont trust, when really, we should.

























Often, I think it's too easy to treat friends, family and even God as if they were simply infomercials on late night tv, or an email that shows up in our junk mail.

Claims of love, fellowship and truth are all too easy to pass off as empty words, false promises, or perhaps even manipulative tactics to cause our demise or downfall.



Of course, they cant be trusted.







And so, we try to filter these things on our own, by ourselves, of our own human wisdom.
















Sometimes, we suceed.
Sometimes, we fail.


Often, I fail.
And when my filters fail me, I stop filtering, and shut down anything that may be coming my way.
Because sometimes, distrust comes easier than trust does.
Sometimes, we build walls, delete accounts, switch the chanel, we do anything to escape, when really, we should just trust.
















When Your wisdom seems like foolishness to the world God, make me a fool for You.
Help me to be wise and learn how to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment