Saturday, March 28, 2009

my own one man show

strike down the gear, tear down the posters,
no more music to hear, its time to go home

when we
pack up the show, get ready to move on,
the neon signs dont glow, they lock the doors up

and well
when the rhythm dies down
the words dont resound
and it hits the floor
and the ringing ears stop
and the heart rates drop
you're left wanting more

then when the truth hits home
like i've never known
how close home could be
when its all said and done
this life isn't as fun
as the devil told me

because
at the end of the day,
when you recognize you cant keep pretending
and you're left alone
and you realize you're the only one standing
you come to conclusions
that make you the deluded, and so now you know

wherever I am, I'll be, forever, my own one-man show







No comments:

Post a Comment