Sunday, January 9, 2011

Overcoming Unbelief

This is my life, am I who I want to be?

I want to happy.
I want to be satisfied that I am doing my best,
giving my all
and working towards the Glory of the Father in Heaven.

I want the Kingdom here on earth. I want everyone to know that I am impatient, and I don't think that my yearning for bigger, Brighter, BETTER and MORE PERFECT THINGS is unnecessary or some misplaced malcontent.

Because when I pray, Our Father, who art in Heaven, I believe He hears, and I believe His longing is what extends into my heart when I long for Your Kingdom come, Your Will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.

When all is said and done, I don't want to be known for preaching at people. Heaven knows that's not a gift I've been bestowed.
I don't want to be known for being a quasi-follower, who hits the church on Sundays, works for the good Christian employer, graduated from a wonderful Bible school and lives an exaggerated life of crime and greed and all other corrupt moral variances.

I want to be Upright, in good Standing, and Blameless before the King.

I want the courage to pray for God's justice and then actually have the boldness to stand in the midst of it. I want to pray for correction, rebuking and God's necessary slap upside the head when I fall outside of His will. I want to be able to say that I fully believe and exhibit in full inward and outward action that I am part of God's Kingdom come.

I am part of God's Kingdom come.
Lord, the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
I believe, help me overcome my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment