Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Poisoned.

... and I never thought I'd live to tell the tale.

Once upon a time, I drank poison.
The poison, bitter to the immediate taste, foul smelling, bubbling and smoking, a green acid contained in a glass vial marked with skull and cross bones, various hazard symbols and the promise of a slow corrosive death.



Despite the warnings, I chose not only to drink on, but to drink deeply of this venomous toxin. Slowly, ever so slowly, I began to feel a change. It was killing me. Suddenly, remorse gripped my soul. I began looking for an antidote, but I could feel the cancer consuming my being. Tears began pouring, gushing from my eyes as I looked helplessly to the heavens.
Oh God, what had overtaken me?





I had succumb to jealousy.













Now, many months down the road, I feel cleansed, renewed and refreshed. Flushed from my body, I am amazed to tell you that I am alive and well...

... and I never thought I'd live to tell the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment